Posted by: Sarah-Beth Janssen, Strategic Risk Advisor
It’s almost impossible to turn on the news without hearing about the outrageous number of influenza cases. We all know how it affects us at home, but what’s the effect on an employer? It’s very likely that someone in your organization will be infected with the flu this season, so what can you do to help prevent others from falling victim to the disease and affecting your company’s productivity?
Here are a few tips on how you can prevent the spread of influenza within your workplace:
Tips for your Employees:
1. If you’re sick, stay home and rest. It will help you recover faster, and prevent the spread of germs to your co-workers.
2. Eat your fruits and veggies.
3. Drink lots of water and fluids low in sugar.
4. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
5. Wash or sanitize your hands frequently.
What You Can Do in Your Workplace:
1. Increase the frequency of facility cleaning.
2. Provide sanitizing wipes and hand sanitizer for your employees.
3. As often as several times daily, disinfect commonly touched areas such as door knobs, elevator buttons, light switches, faucet handles, counter tops, conference tables, coffee pots, cafeteria tables, and vending equipment.